Security Officer Training
MJ FINCH is a recognised, leading provider of specialist training for hotel security personnel working in some of the most challenging environments facing the sector.
Our range of hotel security officer training courses includes:
- Searching Premises
- Searching Vehicles
- Searching Bags & People
- Using Metal Detectors (Hand Held and Walk Through Metal Detectors)
- X-ray Screening
- Theft, Fraud and Corruption Prevention Strategies
- Predictive Profiling (designed to equip security staff with the knowledge and practical skills required to identify people who may pose a security threat. The course will explain suspicious signs in appearance and behaviour, baggage, and documentation, while emphasising the importance of avoiding stereotyping)
- Catering Security
- Passport & Document Verification
- Rights of Arrested, Detained and Accused Persons
- Control & Restraint (includes use of handcuffing)
- Canine Handling for all purposes
- Crime Scene Management (securing, preserving & controlling)
- Post-Bomb Scene Management
- Chemical, Biological & Radiological Threats (CBR / CBRN)
- Incident Reporting
- Statement Writing and Giving Evidence in Court
- Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM)
- Traffic Management
- Operating Vehicle/ Pedestrian Checkpoints
- Executive & VIP Close Protection and Escorting
- Using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE)
- CCTV Systems Operation
- Media Management & Public Relations
- Functioning Under Stress - Improving Mental Skills
- Active Shooters in Hotel Environments: Protecting Staff, Guests and Visitors
- Guard Force Management: Improving Performance/Reducing Turnover
- Recognition of Firearms, Explosives and Incendiaries
- Recognition of Illegal Drugs
- Protection and Escorting of Cash and Valuables
Should you require something more tailored to your exact training requirements we can also develop a course to suit your specific needs.
Training for High Level Security Employees
MJ FINCH can also provide specialised firearms and armed close protection training courses for hotel security personnel operating in particularly high threat environments. The instructors who provide such training are experts with extensive experience in providing weapons training, ballistic protection, tactical training and security training courses in a variety of challenging environments, including zones of civil unrest.
Courses can be tailor-made to suit a client's requirements, as well as the operational environment and threat profile. Depending on circumstances, they can be delivered at the client's location or at another suitable location worldwide.
High Level Security Training Courses Include:
- Firearms Training - pistol, revolver, submachine gun, baton gun (Skills incorporated in courses include: stripping, assembly & maintenance of weapons; safety handling; holding, aiming & firing - effective target engagement including engaging moving & multiple targets; shooting from all positions including snap shooting; shooting in low light and darkness; tactical reloading; malfunction clearing)
- Use of Non-Lethal Weapons (compliance weapons, electroshock weapons, tear gas, mace, pepper spray, batons)
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Close Quarter Skills)
- Crowd Control
- Suicide Bomber Threat Mitigation
- Hostile Vehicle Threat Mitigation
- Defensive Driving
- Hostile Environment Close Protection Training
- Hostage Negotiation
All our training courses are available on demand anywhere in the world, at any time of year. We will send an MJ FINCH Instructor to conduct the training for group sizes of up to 50 trainees at your own location. Training can be scheduled for days, evenings or weekends to meet client needs.
Our consultants, risk analysts and training specialists are ready to help you mitigate and respond to today's complex security challenges. To contact us, please initially use the "Contact Form" on the "Contact Us" page, or alternatively e-mail us at info@MJFinch.com. All enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence and promptly processed by our dedicated and experienced team.